Thursday, January 12, 2006

Oh my freaking god...

I KNEW I shouldn't have posted something like that last blog...I think it was prophetic or something. Before I posted it, I had been sleeping really well for the past few months. After posting it, I'm having all sorts of odd things happening. No shrouded death people, but odd noises, flickering lights and my son shouting in his sleep, "I thought YOU were doing that!" (He has shouted that the past two nights in a row).

I used to sleep like the dead. I'd lay down, any time, any place...zonk! I'd be out. I'd often wake up in the exact same position I laid down in when I went to bed. But then something happened. My son was born. My parental sleep awareness system kicked in to high gear. Any kind of noise wakes me up now...and it's been 13 years. Hell, I wake up when someone turns a light on in another room in the house. Sometimes I feel a certain paranoia about it. I feel like people and things are plotting to stop me from getting a complete night of sleep. Of course, I realize that lack of sleep causes paranoia also...

But then, I've always been a little paranoid in the dark of night when I'm in bed. I had this dream when I was about five or six that the bedroom floor was covered with biting snakes of all kinds. I think I'd been watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom or something. Anyway, once in a while to this day--40 something years later--I still hesitate when I get out of bed in the middle of the night.

So, as you can see, I might be adversely affected by the waking dream syndrome the guy from my last post suffers from, considering my history.

I know my wife will tell me to take an Ambien to get back into the rhythm of life. But maybe this is the rhythm my life is supposed to have. God I hope not!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Whack Patti said...

Well, you know what I am going to say..something about Ambien. I'm not kidding, It's "worked like a dream" for me for the past six or so years. I think I started taking it when we lost Debi and a coupla Kevins.

January 12, 2006 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exercise in some form or another is another great way to get a good nights' sleep. Works like a charm for me.

January 13, 2006 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home