Monday, December 05, 2005

Wow, two in a row...

Well, now. Two days in a row. I'm hurrying to type this because it's 11:44 pm where I am right now. In about fifteen minutes it wouldn't be two days in a row any more.

Hmm...once again I'm stating the obvious.

I hate being away from home. I feel like I'm slowly killing myself whenever I am. Here I sit, finishing off a 1/2-pound Hershey's bar (with almonds), also finishing off a Diet Coke. I don't think that's irony...hmmm...not exactly an oxymoron either. But I feel like a moron for eating the stupid candy bar...and even more so by chasing it with a Diet Coke. But then, that's only 35 grams of saturated fat. About as much as what's in a Coldstone Creamery "Gotta Have It" sized ice cream...

I tend to eat way too much when I'm away from home. I think I've gained 20 pounds this past week. Hershey's bar by Hershey's bar, beer by beer, BBQ pork rib by BBQ pork rib, Egg McMuffin by Egg McMuffin, Reuben sandwich by Rueben sandwich...you get the idea.

I also tend not to get any exercise. Of course, working 12 hour days makes one crave doing nothing for the other 12. Nothing but laying around in my hotel room, watching TV, eating Hershey's bars, drinking Diet Cokes.

I guess that's just part of what being depressed is all about...filling the holes with something...ANYTHING!

1 Comments:

Blogger Whack Patti said...

I hate you being away from home! And I'm jealous of all your candy! Some people tend to fill their "holes" with purchases. Some with alcohol. Some with other people. We both, and I hope I can now speak of your truth, do it with food. Let me fill you. I want you to fill me. I love you.

December 06, 2005 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home