Sunday, December 04, 2005

To Blog or not to Blog...

I don't know. I had such good intentions even though I was sort of a reluctant blogger. At first I thought I had to join to comment on someone's blog. I was wrong. Then I thought--after posting my first blog--that I would keep it up...continue blogging until someone would finally read one and actually make a comment. Or my blog would become legendary in blogdom.

Alas, again I was wrong. After one post almost a month ago, here I am. I've been ranting in my head instead of here.

ANYWHO...

I travel for my job. This past week I've been in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. When I first got here I thought, "What a beautiful city". It was a Currier & Ives scene if I ever saw one. Everything covered in a light dusting of snow.

My impression of Steamboat Springs now is, "OH MY GOD! MAKE IT STOP MOMMY!!!!" Since I got here one week ago today, there has been about three feet of snow. NO KIDDING! Actually 3 feet. It might be more. Granted it is the most beautiful powder I've ever seen in my life, if I was still a skier, I'd be loving every minute of it. If there are any skiers or snowboarders out there, you should come here NOW! This is once-in-a-lifetime kind of powder.

But, like I said, I'm not much for skiing any more. Right now I think it's just a royal pain in the ass. Whatever.

Maybe it'd be different if my family was here with me. My 13-year-old son would be in seventh-heaven. I miss him and my wife a lot. I just wish I was home more than anything.

Well, I'm going to sign off. I guess this turned more into just a lonely guy typing crap than anything else.

Later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Whack Patti said...

I just wrote you an e mail saying come home now. And now I read your blog and you're telling people to come there now! Oh, that I could. I want to tell you that I love you but the words seem so trite compared to the feeling in my heart.

December 05, 2005 7:00 AM  
Blogger Whack Patti said...

You know what else seems to temporarily fill my swiss cheese soul? Sleeping. So come home right now and we'll go to bed and sleep like babies!

December 07, 2005 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home