Monday, December 12, 2005

No such luck!

Well, no, I didn't post two in one day. In fact I skipped a day. Aren't you the lucky ones.

I'm sitting here typing this wearing wool, fingerless gloves. They keep my hands nice and toasty. The reason for this is that my wife goes to bed fairly early and when she passes the thermostat, she turns it down to about 60 degrees. Her sleeping temperature. Well, those of us (that's the royal "us") who stay up later quickly freeze our asses off. I think it's her subliminal way to tell me to go to bed...you know, as the temperature cools down, I'll get colder and colder until I can't stand it and go to bed. (hmmm...I just did it again...restated the obvious).

I'm sure she'll tell me it's not true--the freezing out part, not the part that she wants me to go to bed sooner.

Of course, this doesn't upset me. I know she just has my health in mind. I love her for that. I also love her because she doesn't come down and nag me to go to bed...even though she wants to. :)

I had to pick my son up from school today because he was barfing. My wife and I thought it was because of the hot cocoa he bolted just before school...this makes him chuck sometimes because he drinks it too fast. He's a known barfer of dairy products when he's especially thirsty and drinks quickly...ever since he was a baby.

Anyway, he didn't bow to the porceline god after he got home, but he said he felt like it. Now I feel like it. So maybe we've both got the flu or something. Tomorrow will tell.

I got an email from an old co-worker of mine tonight. He asked if I wanted to go see King Kong tomorrow night when it opens. He has an extra ticket. I called him right away to say, "HELL YES!!!" I'm not a moron. Besides, it's Jack Black and a giant monkey. What could be better? Now to break the news to my wife...

1 Comments:

Blogger Whack Patti said...

All I ever want is for us to go to bed and sleep like babies. And as far a "breaking the news".....now you don't have to.

December 13, 2005 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home