Thursday, December 08, 2005

Couldn't post last night...sigh...

I guess no matter how hard I try, I don't seem to be able to do simple things that I say I'm going to. Case in point, this blog. I MEANT to start posting every day. The Holiday Inn in Steamboat Springs and the wireless Internet provider that serves them decided my blogging wasn't very important. The connection at the hotel was down. You'd think in a place like Steamboat Springs Colorado people should be ready for 25 below freezing temperatures. You'd think your customers at the hotel should have what they were promised!!!! An Internet connection is like a lifeline these days. Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?. Evidently Nordstrom has no monetary interest in Holiday Inn...or whoever owns them this week.

I would have put up a fuss about it, but I didn't pay for the room. What the heck...

Having successfully made it safely out of the snow-filled hills of Colorado without incident, I'm currently "residing" at the Las Vegas airport. I've got another 3 and a half hours to kill. I've already eaten. I can't possible nap because of the "customer service" announcements every minute or so. I'm not sure why they call them customer service announcements when they're about security and we're already through freaking security that took about an hour. Their customer service should be a nice quiet bed to lay down in with wake up calls provided so you won't miss your flight.

Whatever.

Of course, I don't know what's behind those "special" club doors that airlines have for their "special" customers. Maybe there ARE beds. I can't afford that shit. That reminds me of something I heard on public radio during the car ride today. Someone said they didn't mind waiting at the airport. They consider themselves "cargo" anyway.

I like that for some reason. Maybe because I feel that way about life sometimes...

Later....

2 Comments:

Blogger genderist said...

But waiting at the airport is still no fun!

December 08, 2005 5:43 PM  
Blogger Whack Patti said...

I consider my cargo to be precious!

December 10, 2005 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home