Sunday, April 02, 2006

It's been over 2 months since my last confession...

I've been very negligent in my blogging confessional. Neither ranting nor raving nor just being me and making no sense whatsoever.

So why now? Who knows. I was dinking around on my laptop and realized I hadn't written in a while. So, here I am.

I recently finished installing a new sink in our guest bathroom. Granted it took me long enough, but I was gone for two weeks there in the middle of it. It's a lovely sink. But not sure how well it fits in with the overall decor...you know...80s blue. Anyway, my wife and I let our 13 year old son pick it out because he uses that bathroom as his own. I was expecting something like the Garfield toilet seat he picked out a few years ago when it needed replacing (that has since been replaced again by a run-of-the-mill seat). But he picked out a nice looking sink, if not a little ornate. His main thing was picking out the hardware. He wanted two water control knobs instead of the one we had previously. That's excitement in his world!

Anyway...I just felt like writing something ordinary here today. And I guess that's about as ordinary as it gets. It's easy to find joy in ordinary things when you're 13. I wonder what happened along the way that made me take all that for granted? Taking pleasure in the little things...maybe that's part of what having children means. They remind you of all the things you used to do. Of all those feelings you used to feel. What it's like to be free to enjoy the small, but meaningful things in life.

It really makes me love him all the more...and I don't see how that is possible...but I take great joy in it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Whack Patti said...

I think we all have sinks on the mind this weekend! I wish I had Goo's sink as my own. I like to think that I still take pleasure in the "small stuff." For example...I can hardly contain myself just thinking about getting a new collar and tag for Gary! Yesterday I saw you taking delight in Sponge Bob Square Pants.

April 02, 2006 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home