Friday, January 20, 2006

Airport days...

I travel for my job.  Yesterday I spent the day in the airport.  Alaska Airlines (well technically Horizon Air) cancelled my 10am flight.  Their next-best solution for me was a 1:45pm flight.  I had to get to the airport early because my ride had to go to work afterward.  So, I was there from about 8:30am until 9:45 when they cancelled my flight.  Then I waited until 1:15 to board when a message went up that it wouldn’t board until 2:00.  So, I spent five and a half hours at the airport for my 2 hour flight to Burbank.  Fun, huh?  

They did give me $12 for lunch.  I blew that and more on sushi.  I made a pig of myself.  

The guy right after me asked for access to Alaska’s Board Room.  I got back in line and asked for that too, but they said they had already reached the access limit for the Board Room for the day.  Damn…cushy seats…super-fast Internet access…free drinks…free muffins!  Muffins!  Missed out again…

I checked the Board Room out online.  It’s $300 a year for free muffins while you travel.  What a bargain!

2 Comments:

Blogger Whack Patti said...

300 dollars a year? For that kinda money you oughta get a foot massage from Warren.

January 20, 2006 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Steven Tyler said it best when he said,

"Ya ain't seen nothin'
Till you're down on the muffin"

January 20, 2006 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home