Monday, January 23, 2006

ROAD TRIP???

I’m getting ready for a road trip.  Usually I enjoy a family vacation with huge amounts of driving…you know half-way across the US to enjoy a nice museum honoring Greyhounds, or to take in the magnificence of the Grand Canyon (then a side trip to gamble in Vegas).  There is fun at the end of those “rainbows”.  

The trip I’m about to embark on is for work.  It’s a long story and I won’t bore you with the details, but we have to drive…a co-worker and I.  17 hours.  Stay a week and then 17 hours home again home again jiggedy jig.  It just kind of depresses me…to have to drive all that way to work.  It only used to take me 20 minutes to drive to work…but a 17 hour commute?  ACK!

When I get back from that, I’m going to have to make a day trip to the north.  The office wants me to drive there, work, then drive home again in the same day.  If the work takes too long, they agree I can spend the night in a hotel.  I guess that’s only a six hour (round trip) commute, so what am I complaining about?

I long for the day when I don’t have to travel to work on any kind of basis.  When I can just go on a nice, long, leisurely vacation trip with the misses…maybe in an RV, but more than likely in a car with hotels along the way.  

2 Comments:

Blogger Whack Patti said...

I hate it as much as you do......driving through the Rocky Mountains in the middle of winter...that's crazy business. We're sunny weather drivers, not crazy snow drivers..what's the matter with you people?

January 23, 2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Whack Patti said...

Blog, damn it!

January 29, 2006 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home